Job description for the role of Content Marketer
Backed by Sequoia, Lightrock and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of India's leading ed-tech and upskilling 'soonicorn' that aims to solve the tech talent gap worldwide. A transformative tech school, Scaler takes pride in creating talent with impeccable skills. Over the last few years, Scaler has built a reputation for tech excellence with outcomes comparable to leading national and international educational institutions.
Scaler’s legal entity, InterviewBit, has been featured on the Financial Times Asia-Pacific High Growth Companies 2021 and 2022 ranking. The young start-up has also been certified as a 'Great Place to Work' by the Great Place To Work® Institute
About the role:
Are you someone who enjoys building an audience through content creation? Do people describe you as someone who knows how to tell a story? Do you love getting your hands dirty and editing content till it reaches the “aha” moment? At the same time, you don’t shy away from data crunching and SEO, right?
Scaler’s referral team is looking for data-driven marketing professionals, who can understand the business problem, come up with a content strategy and get things done.
Referrals are one of the best ways to get more business, as a whopping 84% of people trust recommendations from people they know. As the Content Marketer, you will be supporting a bunch of initiatives with the end goal of driving referrals to 2.5x of the current levels over the next 6 months.
- Formulate marketing campaigns to drive referral sales via a community of 25k+ alumni & current learners
- Analyzing data to bucket learners into segments and identifying the right content strategy for each
- Support growth of community of referrers with a playbook to help them become influencers on social media and YouTube
- Develop & manage user generated content by helping them develop sharable video & text content that in turn helps them generate more referrals
- Use SEO best practices to identify the right content to be driven via learners
- Create collaterals to help the referral calling team build stronger relationships with learners ● Liaising with the different teams to create and coordinate marketing strategies for referrers that work across different channels
- Reporting - Keep consistent track of content performance across all channels and report the same in a structured & timely manner
- 2 Years of Marketing/Social Media Marketing experience
- Early-stage start-up experience
Must-Have Mindsets and Skillsets:
- Up to date with trends: Abreast of recent trends on digital platforms with in-depth knowledge of social media marketing industry and ability to track relevant metrics. ● Community Building : Experience in handling community initiatives
- Iterative problem-solving: which translates to structuring problems and iterating on creative/implementable solutions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented: Ability to critically analyse problems and solutions in-depth, with an eye for zero-defect outputs
- Tolerance for ambiguity: which translates to a ‘get-it-done rather than wait-for-perfection approach
- Bias to own, hustle and deliver: meaning proactively taking the lead with new initiatives, by default
- Obsession with process excellence: Being independent and detailed with all inputs and outputs
- Caring and inspirational teammate: which translates to bringing the best out of every colleague, always :)
We are uniquely positioned to be the best company to execute things as mentioned. We have been running InterviewBit.com for the last 5 years which has helped us create a community of ~700k software developers across 6 Geographies. Apart from that,
- Global presence: we have tie-ups with 550+ companies in India, Europe, SEA, and the US who rely on us for their tech hiring.
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best of Facebook, McKinsey, EY, InMobi and WeWork
- Unicorn trajectory: Unlike 99% of startups, we believe in sustainable growth. No wonder, we are profitable and on course to be a unicorn in the next 12 months if we execute well ● Marquee investors: Our investors are marquee firms such as Sequoia Capital (Investors in
Google, Apple, and Cisco), LightRock India (investors in MediBuddy, PharmEasy, Porter, Dunzo) and Tiger Global (major investor in Flipkart).
- Great perks: Free food, fun people, health insurance and an ultra-chic office space
How to apply
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com