Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of India's leading ed-tech and upskilling firms that aims to solve
the tech talent gap worldwide, starting with India. The curriculum trains students (in their 1st/2nd/3rd year of
college) and also working professionals (with 1-6 years of work experience) through intensive, live classes, teaching
them the basics of computer science and also making them job-ready. In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has
placed more students in Amazon than all IITs combined.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will be part of the Marketing team to take the lead in developing and implementing successful, long-term growth marketing strategies for Scaler flagship long term subscription-only platform - Scaler Forever
You will be responsible for strengthening its brand footprint and boost tangible growth, both in Revenue as well as Subscriber base. You will be owning end-to-end elements of GTM plan such as needs-based segmentation, solution definition, market assessment, value proposition, targeting, pricing and bundling, hypothesis testing, narrative writing, sales enablement, and if required channel strategy.
Must Have Experience & Skill-sets
- 2+ years of experience in a growth marketing role
- At least 1 year experience as a Product owner having actively contributed towards Product Value Proposition, Product GTM Strategy, and Product Positioning & Narrative.
- In-depth understanding of B2C customer behavior, marketing, media channels, and branding best practices.
- Intermediate level Excel skills like Vlookup & pivots should be second-nature to you.
Good to Have Experiences & Skill-sets
- Prior experience using CDP / marketing automation platforms like WebEngage/HubSpot Marketing/ Clevertap.
- Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial venture in the education space is not compulsory but would be a big plus.
Guaranteed an interview for candidates with exposure or prior experience in owning GTM Strategy
for Subscription led Products
- Build a strong, fresh & unique GTM strategy to help the product reach its target audience at scale to deliver growth at optimum costs.
- Strategize, plan and execute best-in-class marketing campaigns across channels in association with performance marketing team
- Create & drive strategy with the right prioritisation of initiatives to deliver the highest returns on marketing spends.
- Manage and own product marketing budgets and business results.
- Drive user growth through leadgen, acquisition, retention & CLTV maximisation for the product
- Analyze user funnels and optimize it for maximum conversion
- Continuously track and measure campaign performance and come up with actionable insights => iterate towards success.
- Work with various teams (strategy, content, performance marketing, design, product and sales) to implement strategies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on campaign production schedules, modify activity and notify stakeholders of relevant outcomes, fluctuations, and plans
Must-Have Mindsets and Skillsets:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The Ability To Hustle: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment where multitasking and prioritizing is highly essential
- Detail-oriented: Ability to critically analyse problems and solutions in-depth, with an eye for zero-defect outputs
- Tolerance for ambiguity: which translates to a get-it-done rather than wait for perfection approach
- A business oriented creative: Driving business outcomes through creative initiatives
- Iterative problem-solving: which translates to structuring problems and iterating on creative/implementable solutions
- Bias to own, hustle and deliver: meaning proactively taking the lead with new initiatives, by default
- Obsession with process excellence: Being independent and detailed with all inputs and outputs
- Caring and inspirational teammate: which translates to bringing the best out of every colleague, always
- Empowering role: You get a front-row seat to a high-growth, fast-paced B2C+B2B business in a role that expects you to learn and contribute specifically in high-impact initiatives critical to our trajectory
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best of Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital and Hotstar to name a few
- Unicorn trajectory: Unlike 99% of startups, we believe in sustainable growth. No wonder, we are profitable and on course to be a unicorn in the next 24-36 months
- Marquee investors: Our investors are marquee firms such as Sequoia Capital (Investors in Google, Apple, and Cisco) and Tiger Global (major investor in Flipkart). We are also backed by the Singapore govt along with other strategic angel investors
- Culture of a caring meritocracy with great perks: A caring meritocracy built by inspirational leaders; free food, health insurance and an ultra-chic office space
- Market-leading compensation: If we like you, we will make sure you like our offer
- Location: Bengaluru
- Job Type: Full time
- Work: Office