Job Description for Partnerships Lead - Scaler Undergraduate
Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of Asia’s leading online tech-education firms valued at over $700 Million It aims to solve the tech talent gap, worldwide. million. It aims to solve the tech talent gap worldwide through its market-leading products. Since its inception, the entity has over 1M registered users and has facilitated over 10,590+ placements in over 500 companies.
In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has placed more students in Amazon than all IITs combined. Just as Uber disrupted commute and Airbnb disrupted the hotel industry, we at Scaler are disrupting college degrees and education.
The founders of Scaler, Anshuman Singh and Abhimanyu Saxena are IIIT Hyderabad alums with leadership experience across Facebook (working directly with Mark Zuckerburg and setting up the London Office) and NYC-based retail marketplace unicorn Fab.com. Anshuman Singh has also represented Team India twice at the prestigious ACM ICPC World Finals. The core team is handpicked from leading firms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Hotstar to name a few.
About the role
- Create and execute an annual partnerships plan to source applicants for Scaler’s Entrance Exam for the UG programme
- Should be strong at communication and negotiation to hold conversations with senior representatives at Coaching Institutes, Coding Platforms, Counselling Centres, K12 Startups, Discovery Platforms(Career360,etc), School Outreach & Education Fairs
- Should understand how to navigate to reach the right key decision maker to crack the partnership
- Should be able to work on aggressive time-bound targets, close deals and execute the deal ● Manage cross functional teams to close the partnership and ensure success - work with legal, finance and respective teams to ensure the partnership drives the relevant outcome for Scaler ● Should come with Edtech background and worked in similar role so we can leverage existing relationships, contacts and know how this candidate might already have
- Drive numbers such that 50% of all applications should come through these partnership referrals at a target Cost of acquisition.
- Tolerance for ambiguity: Not being fazed by challenges, be able to structure a problem statement on your own
- High ownership: You would own the problem and have a ‘get-it-done’ mindset ● Iterative problem-solving: Comfort around iterating on a problem statement ● Obsession with process excellence: which translates to being independent and detailed with all inputs and outputs
- Caring and inspirational teammate: which translates to bringing the best out of every colleague, always :)
- Empowering role: You get a front-row seat to a high-growth, fast-paced B2C+B2B business in a role that expects you to learn and contribute specifically to high-impact initiatives critical to our trajectory.
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best of Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Hotstar to name a few. ● Unicorn trajectory: Unlike 99% of startups, we believe in sustainable growth. No wonder, we are profitable and on course to be a unicorn in the next 24-36 months. ● Marquee investors: Our investors are marquee firms such as Sequoia Capital (Investors in Google, Apple, and Cisco) and Tiger Global (a major investor in Flipkart). We are also backed by the Singapore govt along with other strategic angel investors.
- Culture of a caring meritocracy with great perks: A caring meritocracy built by inspirational leaders; free food, health insurance, and ultra-chic office space.
- Market leading compensation: If we like you, we will make sure you like our offer :)
Notable people @ Scaler:
- Anshuman Singh (Co-Founder): https://www.linkedin.com/in/anshumansingh26/ ● Abhimanyu (Co-Founder): https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhimanyusaxena/
- Location: Bengaluru
- Job Type: Full time
- Work: Office