Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of India's leading ed-tech and upskilling firms that aims to solve
the tech talent gap worldwide, starting with India. The curriculum trains students (in their 1st/2nd/3rd year of
college) and also working professionals (with 1-6 years of work experience) through intensive, live classes, teaching
them the basics of computer science and also making them job-ready. In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has
placed more students in Amazon than all IITs combined.
Role in a Tweet
Build and manage a world-class referral marketing team that generates prospects through Scaler learner & alumni community
About the role:
Are you someone who enjoys leading a team of people towards a common goal? Is building relationships with people your forte? Do you love getting your hands dirty with a good problem?
Scaler is looking for sharp data-driven sales & marketing professionals, who can understand others, communicate effectively and get things done.
Referrals are one of the best ways to get more business, as a whopping 84% of people trust recommendations from people they know. As the Referrals Manager, you will be leading a team of associates with the end goal of driving referrals to 2.5x of the current levels over the next 6 months.
- MBA with at least 3 years of experience in Marketing/Sales.
- Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial venture in the education space is not compulsory but would be a big plus.
- Create an annual strategic roadmap for the referral marketing team
- Design an attractive rewards programs to incentivize referrals
- Conceptualize & execute creative referral marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure referrals convert into sales
- Measure the success of the program via weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Recruit, manage & train referral marketing associates
- Plan the approach, pitch and work closely with the team to achieve the referral targets
- Work closely with the community engagement team to plan & execute events
- Day-to-day management of associates
Must-Have Mindsets and Skillsets:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The Ability To Hustle: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment where multitasking and prioritizing is highly essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented: Ability to critically analyse problems and solutions in-depth, with an eye for zero-defect outputs
- Tolerance for ambiguity: which translates to a get-it-done rather than wait-for-perfection approach
- Iterative problem-solving: which translates to structuring problems and iterating on creative/implementable solutions
- Bias to own, hustle and deliver: meaning proactively taking the lead with new initiatives, by default
- Obsession with process excellence: Being independent and detailed with all inputs and outputs
- Caring and inspirational teammate: which translates to bringing the best out of every colleague, always
- Empowering role: You get a front-row seat to a high-growth, fast-paced B2C+B2B business in a role that expects you to learn and contribute specifically in high-impact initiatives critical to our trajectory
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best of Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital and Hotstar to name a few
- Unicorn trajectory: Unlike 99% of startups, we believe in sustainable growth. No wonder, we are profitable and on course to be a unicorn in the next 24-36 months
- Marquee investors: Our investors are marquee firms such as Sequoia Capital (Investors in Google, Apple, and Cisco) and Tiger Global (major investor in Flipkart). We are also backed by the Singapore govt along with other strategic angel investors
- Culture of a caring meritocracy with great perks: A caring meritocracy built by inspirational leaders; free food, health insurance and an ultra-chic office space
- Market-leading compensation: If we like you, we will make sure you like our offer
- Location: Bengaluru
- Job Type: Full time
- Work: Remote