Request A Callback
Chat With Us
Job description for the role of Remote Instructor LLD
Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of India’s leading ed-tech and upskilling firms that aims to solve the tech talent gap worldwide, starting with India. The curriculum trains students (b.tech) and working professionals through intensive, live classes, teaching them the basics of computer science and making them job-ready. In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has placed more students in Top Product Companies than all IITs combined.
The founders of Scaler, Anshuman Singh and Abhimanyu Saxena, are IIIT Hyderabad alums with leadership experience across Facebook (working directly with Mark Zuckerburg and setting up their London Offices) and NYC-based retail marketplace unicorn Fab.com. Anshuman Singh has also represented Team India twice at the prestigious ACM ICPC World Finals. The core team is handpicked from leading firms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital and Hotstar.
About the role - Part-Time Remote Instructor Role
Higher tech education in India and the World is broken. The medical field has doctors who regularly practice and teach medical science. Very similarly, the software engineering of today evolves at a pace which is hard to keep up with. We need the software engineers of today to step up and bridge that gap. Scaler has been committed to building the “Online Stanford” for tech education. We leave no one unturned to ensure the highest quality of learning experience for our learners. If you feel passionate about education and would love to teach along with a software engineering stint, read on.
Note that this is a part-time position.
Key responsibilities would involve:
● Deliver weekly lectures on topics of your expertise maintaining a high lecture rating. - Figure out the right storytelling to enable maximum absorption of the content.
● 3 classes per week (9 hours a week, Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday from 7 AM-10 AM or 9 PM-12 AM based on the feasibility).
● Expert in LLD and project specializations.
● Experience: Min 3 years with Frontend/Fullstack/Backend
● You are someone who is high on empathy.
● You are a natural storyteller.
● You are great at problem-solving. When you see things broken, your first thoughts are on ways
of fixing the given problem.