Towards the end of last year, China surpassed the United States to become the world hub for tech unicorns with over 206 unicorns across diverse industries. One of the core drivers of this growth in China is an abundance of tech talent. China spends almost 15% of its GDP on education. The primary reason India (only 25 Unicorns) has not been able to keep up with nations like China and the US is - lack of upskilling infrastructure that ensures our youth excel in this age of technology. The large youth capital of our country is mainly unproductive because of a lack of access to the opportunity of learning the right skills.
We started Scaler Academy with the mission of creating a level playing field for everyone to learn from the best and improve 1% every single day. If you improve by 1% every day, you would improve by 37.8 times in a year. (1.01^365 = 37.8). Here’s a small glimpse of the first-ever class of April batch conducted on 15th April 2019 -
We have a strong belief that once the youth of our country is empowered with the necessary skills and knowledge, hundreds of tech giants like Facebook and Google would be rising from India. And this will enable India to become a formidable global superpower.
We are celebrating our first anniversary this month and are also celebrating the graduation of our first batch of students. While there is still a long journey ahead of us, we like to keep small checkpoints for ourselves that ensure we are on the right track. Here is a brief snapshot of what our students from the first batch of Scaler Academy have been able to achieve in the last year -
Some interesting facts to note:
- The average salary for the 2019 graduates (campus offers) before joining the course was approximately INR 7.12 Lakh per annum.
- The delta between the average salaries for 2019 graduates distinctly suggests that the CTC offered has more than doubled as a result of their association with Scaler Academy.
- Out of 177 students placed, 4 are currently in internships
- 33 students have got a job offer that is over INR 25 Lakh per annum.
* Scaler Academy is continuously engaging with the students that are yet to be placed, connecting them with prospective employers and industry mentors.
94 unique MNCs and startups hired students from the batch of April 2019 and it is a matter of pride for us to share that Google has also hired Scaler Academy graduates. 3 students from the April 2019 batch received a job offer from Google as software developers.
Top 10 employers:
The numbers clearly suggest that most MNC’s and leading start-ups are no longer only hiring from Tier1 colleges, they are increasingly looking at talent over pedigree.
It has been a year to remember, for sure. But we also realise that it is just the beginning and we have a long, arduous journey ahead of us. We are focused on creating an experience for our student partners that goes beyond just good quality teaching and learning to also include the development of a growth mindset among the aspirants.
Together we are trying to build a cohort of talented, driven and skilled professionals that will not only have a successful individual career but will also be critical in building businesses. As a result, these people will be instrumental in creating a more robust economy and a stronger nation. Today heads of several leading international technology companies are Indians. Our endeavour with Scaler Academy is to identify and nurture more such professionals who will tomorrow go on to build and drive even more successful technology businesses.
To conclude, it has been a roller coaster ride with a ton of ups and downs. This journey would not have been possible without the support of some very important people who have gone out of their way to make Scaler Academy a success.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their efforts -
- To the Instructor team, thank you for creating an ever-evolving curriculum that is helping these young software aspirants learn the right skills and techniques. Your continuous endeavour to help every student in your respective class to learn and grow is inspiring.
- To all our Teaching Assistants, thank you for all the help you give to students - aiding them in solving assignments, clearing their doubts and motivating them to practice more. You truly help these students achieve their full potential.
- To our dear Mentors, thank you for taking out time from your busy schedules to counsel these young professionals. Your guidance and support mean the world to them and us. They look up to you and want to be you. Thank you for being such fantastic role models.
- To our partner companies, thank you for trusting us with your recruitment requirements. We are a young and evolving brand and it is hugely encouraging when you take the effort to interact with our students and consider them capable of working with your esteemed organisation. It gives us the motivation to keep going.
- And most importantly, to our students, thank you for choosing to work with us. The trust you have put in us is hugely humbling and inspiring. It motivates every single person at the Scaler Academy team to do more and to do better. The fact that thousands of young aspirants are putting learning, knowledge building and skill development as the focal point of their professional journey reassures us that we are on the right path.
From the bottom of our heart, thank you!
Here’s to many more years of learning, innovation and growth. :)