Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of India's leading ed-tech and upskilling firms that aims to solve the tech talent gap worldwide, starting with India. The curriculum trains students (in their 1st/2nd/3rd year of college) and also working professionals (with 1-6 years of work experience) through intensive, live classes, teaching them the basics of computer science and also making them job-ready. In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has placed more students in Amazon than all IITs combined.
About the Role
At Scaler, Senior Software Engineers use their expertise to amplify the overall impact and output of the Product Development team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead the technical design and drive your team's goals to their implementation, through the development of high-quality code, and of course, you will be hands-on and contribute technically as well. You will also contribute to creating a culture of collaboration and knowledge as a mentor to other engineers in the team.
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better.
- Design and build highly available, resilient, and scalable platform primitives and APIs.
- Work through technical problems with your team and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management & other Engineering teams to build quality product offerings for our users.
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams - Strong technical mentorship is a must.
- Experience building large-scale, high-throughput distributed systems and scaling web services that use or analyze large amounts of data.
- High level of fluency and experience in technologies like:
- Ruby on Rails/Django/Flask,
- REST APIs and Best Practices to manage APIs,
- Relational Databases(MySQL/Postgresql),
- In-memory data stores(Redis/Memcached),
- Queueing systems(Sidekiq/Resque/RabbitMQ/Kaa),
- Web Servers(Nginx/Apache),
- Application servers(Puma/Passenger/Unicorn etc)
- Experience with software development concepts like Low-Level Design(Object-oriented programming and design, Design Patterns), High-Level Design(Scaling, Load Balancers, Caching, Consistent Hashing, Storage, Architectural Patterns, Web and Application servers Protocols like HTTP, WebSockets, etc)
- A passion for efficiency, collaboration, and establishing relationships with Design, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Data teams.
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things. Scaler is growing fast and we are building new products and scaling existing ones, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too.
- Project Management experience is a must since you would have to break down projects and assign resources to deliver them on aligned timelines.
- Location: Bengaluru
- Job Type: Full time
- Work: Remote