Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of India's leading ed-tech and upskilling firms that aims to solve
the tech talent gap worldwide, starting with India. The curriculum trains students (in their 1st/2nd/3rd year of
college) and also working professionals (with 1-6 years of work experience) through intensive, live classes, teaching
them the basics of computer science and also making them job-ready. In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has
placed more students in Amazon than all IITs combined.
About the role: Lead Instructor - Data Science
Scaler's philosophy has always been to work closely with aspirational employers to drive a high outcome program for learners. We have strong conviction to include data science as a major vertical
Key responsibilities would involve:
- Create and execute a road map for launching Scaler Data Science course.
- Help in designing a unique curriculum and high-quality content (assessments, projects, lectures).
- Analyze the effectiveness of content and instruction based on data points such as student ratings, project submissions, attendance, session durations, etc.
- Prepare and deliver lectures. Share your industry experience with learners.
- Improve the efficacy of assessments in measuring learning outcomes accurately.
- Proactively improve student experience by organizing contests, mentoring sessions, etc.
- Influence diverse stakeholders (marketing, sales, product) to ensure the best student experience.
- Collaborate with the Careers Team to build strong relationships with top companies and startups.
- Expert in Data Science and Machine Learning. Data Engineering experience is a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of industry experience in Data Science.
- Good communication skills. We will be using English as the primary language.
- You are someone who is high on empathy and a natural storyteller.
- You are good at managing cross-team efforts.
- Previous experience as a content creator where you learned how to create effective content for students.
- Previous experience as an instructor where you worked with students and learned how to deliver the content effectively.
Must-Have Mindsets and Skillsets:
- Deep Domain Expertise: Deep understanding of the domain to understand in depth how companies hire in the domain and what makes professionals successful at work.
- Tolerance for ambiguity: which translates to a get-it-done rather than wait-for-perfection approach
- Iterative problem-solving: which translates to structuring problems and iterating on creative/implementable solutions
- Bias to own, hustle and deliver: meaning proactively taking the lead with new initiatives, by default
- Obsession with process excellence: Being independent and detailed with all inputs and outputs
- Caring and inspirational teammate: which translates to bringing the best out of every colleague, always
- Empowering role: You get a front-row seat to a high-growth, fast-paced B2C+B2B business in a role that expects you to learn and contribute specifically in high-impact initiatives critical to our trajectory
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best of Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital and Hotstar to name a few
- Unicorn trajectory: Unlike 99% of startups, we believe in sustainable growth. No wonder, we are profitable and on course to be a unicorn in the next 24-36 months
- Marquee investors: Our investors are marquee firms such as Sequoia Capital (Investors in Google, Apple, and Cisco) and Tiger Global (major investor in Flipkart). We are also backed by the Singapore govt along with other strategic angel investors
- Culture of a caring meritocracy with great perks: A caring meritocracy built by inspirational leaders; free food, health insurance and an ultra-chic office space
- Market-leading compensation: If we like you, we will make sure you like our offer
- Location: Bengaluru
- Job Type: Full time
- Work: Office