Job description for the role of Referral Marketing Specialist
Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of Asia’s leading online tech-education firms which received a $20 million series A funding round from investors like Sequoia and Tiger Global. Scaler aims to solve the tech talent gap worldwide through its market leading products. Since inception the entity has over 800,000 registered users and has facilitated 4590+ placements in over 500 companies. In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has placed more students in Amazon than all IITs combined.
The founders of Scaler, Anshuman Singh and Abhimanyu Saxena, are IIIT Hyderabad alums with leadership experience across Facebook (working directly with Mark Zuckerburg and setting up the London Office) and NYC-based retail marketplace unicorn Fab.com. Anshuman Singh has also represented Team India twice at the prestigious ACM ICPC World Finals. The broader team is handpicked from leading firms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital and Hotstar to name a few.
Role in a Tweet
Generate referral leads by reaching out to the Scaler Community
About the role:
Is building relationships with people your forte? Are people envious of your communication skills?
Scaler is looking for committed professionals, who can understand others, communicate effectively and get things done.
Referrals are one of the best ways to get more business, as a whopping 84% of people trust recommendations from people they know. As a Referrals Marketing Specialist, you will be assigned a set of Scaler Community members with whom you will build relationships with and get referrals on a regular basis.
- 5 Days a Week (Wednesday - Sunday Cycle)
- Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial venture in the education space is not compulsory but would be a big plus.
- Build strong relationships with the set of community members(leads) mapped to you ● Pitch our referral program to your leads via different touch points like calls, messages & email
- Follow-up on a regular frequency to ensure you generate maximum referrals from your leads
- Meet daily, weekly & monthly goals defined for the team
- Diligently report progress on the dashboard & relevant channels
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure referrals convert into sales
- Coordinate with the operations team to ensure the incentives to referrals are paid out on time
Must-Have Mindsets and Skillsets:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The Ability To Hustle: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment where multitasking and prioritizing is highly essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented: Ability to critically analyse problems and solutions in-depth, with an eye for zero-defect outputs
- Tolerance for ambiguity: which translates to a ‘get-it-done rather than wait-for-perfection approach
- Iterative problem-solving: which translates to structuring problems and iterating on creative/implementable solutions
- Bias to own, hustle and deliver: meaning proactively taking the lead with new initiatives, by default
- Obsession with process excellence: Being independent and detailed with all inputs and outputs
- Caring and inspirational teammate: which translates to bringing the best out of every colleague, always :)
- Empowering role: You get a front-row seat to a high-growth, fast-paced B2C+B2B business in a role that expects you to learn and contribute specifically in high-impact initiatives critical to our trajectory
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best of Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital and Hotstar to name a few ● Unicorn trajectory: Unlike 99% of startups, we believe in sustainable growth. No wonder, we are profitable and on course to be a unicorn in the next 24-36 months
- Marquee investors: Our investors are marquee firms such as Sequoia Capital (Investors in Google, Apple, and Cisco) and Tiger Global (major investor in Flipkart). We are also backed by the Singapore govt along with other strategic angel investors
- Culture of a caring meritocracy with great perks: A caring meritocracy built by inspirational leaders; free food, health insurance and an ultra-chic office space ● Market-leading compensation: If we like you, we will make sure you like our offer :)
- Location: Bengaluru
- Job Type: Full time
- Work: Remote