Backed by Sequoia and Tiger Global, Scaler is one of India's leading ed-tech and upskilling firms that aims to solve the tech talent gap worldwide, starting with India. The curriculum trains students (in their 1st/2nd/3rd year of college) and also working professionals (with 1-6 years of work experience) through intensive, live classes, teaching them the basics of computer science and also making them job-ready. In the last 12 months alone, Scaler has placed more students in Amazon than all IITs combined.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Product Marketing Manager who can own overall growth marketing strategy and execution for Scaler US expansion including market entry strategy, user acquisition strategy, defining target audience, channel strategy, and creation of an operating model to deliver against our business growth targets.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a solid vision for how to bring products to market, be at ease in a fast moving and ambiguous environment, and showcase excellent problem solving and communication skills in order to drive impact.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- At Least 2-3 years of experience in launching and expanding a product in US market
- Proven experience as a Product owner including Product value proposition, Product GTM, and Product Positioning
- In-depth understanding of customer behavior, marketing, media channels, and brand
- Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial venture in the education space is not compulsory but would be a big plus
- Lead extensive market research to identify new growth opportunities through structured analysis, market trends, competitor benchmarking, quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Build a strong GTM strategy to help the product reach its target audience at scale to deliver growth at optimum costs based on local market and data insights.
- Strategize, plan and execute best-in-class marketing campaigns across channels.
- Execute strategies with the right prioritisation of initiatives to deliver the highest returns on marketing spends
- Manage and own product marketing budgets and business results
- Drive user growth- acquisition as well as retention for the product
- Analyze user funnels and optimize it for maximum conversion
- Continuously track and measure campaign level, ad-set level and ad level performance and come up with actionable insights
- Be a self starter team player who can lead, coordinate and drive successful alignment across wide cross-functional teams, including business, comms, performance marketing, design, product, and sales in India and in US to implement strategies
- Build frameworks and process to structure conversations, create & socialize activation initiatives, and drive alignment at each level of the company, from peers to senior leadership
Must-Have Mindsets and Skillsets:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The Ability To Hustle: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment where multitasking and prioritizing is highly essential
- Detail-oriented: Ability to critically analyze problems and solutions in-depth, with an eye for zero-defect outputs
- Tolerance for ambiguity: which translates to a get-it-done rather than wait for perfection approach
- A business-oriented creative: Driving business outcomes through creative initiatives
- Iterative problem-solving: which translates to structuring problems and iterating on creative/implementable solutions
- Bias to own, hustle and deliver: meaning proactively taking the lead with new initiatives, by default
- Obsession with process excellence: Being independent and detailed with all inputs and outputs
- Caring and inspirational teammate: which translates to bringing the best out of every colleague, always
- Empowering role: You get a front-row seat to a high-growth, fast-paced B2C+B2B business in a role that expects you to learn and contribute specifically in high-impact initiatives critical to our trajectory
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best of Facebook, Google, Twitter, McKinsey, BCG, Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital and Hotstar to name a few
- Unicorn trajectory: Unlike 99% of startups, we believe in sustainable growth. No wonder, we are profitable and on course to be a unicorn in the next 24-36 months
- Marquee investors: Our investors are marquee firms such as Sequoia Capital (Investors in Google, Apple, and Cisco) and Tiger Global (major investor in Flipkart). We are also backed by the Singapore govt along with other strategic angel investors
- Culture of a caring meritocracy with great perks: A caring meritocracy built by inspirational leaders; free food, health insurance and an ultra-chic office space
- Market-leading compensation: If we like you, we will make sure you like our offer
- Location: Bengaluru
- Job Type: Full time
- Work: Office