The immersive course has been structured based on research conducted with over 100+ data scientists working in top 50 tech companies globally
Scaler Academy, a leading ed-tech start-up for up-skilling students and working professionals, today announced their new program for engineers looking to get specialised in Data Science and Machine Learning. The course is called Scaler Data Science & ML. It has been developed based on insights received from a survey conducted by Scaler with over 100 data scientists working with the top 50 tech and product companies globally.
Software engineers with a minimum of 1 year of experience will be eligible to enrol for the Scaler Data Science & ML program. The course will start by building a strong foundation in Data Structures and Algorithms. Then learners will dive into Mathematics, followed by Data Mining, Statistical Analysis, Data Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Big Data. More than 45 critical tech tools will also be taught during the length of the course. The most impactful ones being TensorFlow, PyTorch, Kafka, PySpark, Airflow and AWS. The program will run for 11 months and will prepare aspiring engineers for roles in 3 broad buckets:
- Data Scientist, ML Engineer
- Data Engineer, ML Ops Engineer
- Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Product Analyst
According to a survey conducted by Scaler Academy:
- More than 95% of the respondents have highlighted that Data Scientists need to solve open-ended business problems. However, most other courses available offline & online tend to focus only on teaching how to optimize the accuracy of algorithms rather than how to impact the business positively.
- Over 80% of respondents shared how they struggled initially because the datasets that a data scientist works with in the real world are massive and fragmented, non-standard, messy, and sometimes incomplete.
- 50% of the respondents admitted that they struggle to understand research papers. Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning are rapidly evolving fields, and new research reports are being published constantly.
To address these demands from software professionals, Scaler Academy has curated the Scaler Data Science & ML course to allow every learner to have an in-depth and hands-on learning experience:
- Experts from McKinsey and Bain have helped in designing a curriculum to teach product and strategy. The business curriculum is integrated seamlessly into all projects.
- Students will get practical practice in identifying the Data Science & Machine Learning problem in real-life business problems. The business cases will span multiple industries such as logistics, biotech, entertainment, health, finance, and e-commerce. These projects will be built in partnership with Scaler's partner companies to enable learners to work on actual problem statements and tackle messy or complicated datasets.
- Scaler Data Science & ML learners will also learn how to read and absorb research papers. Scaler will also aid learners in case they want to write and publish their research reports.
Speaking on the launch of the new offering, Abhimanyu Saxena, Co-Founder, InterviewBit & Scaler Academy, said, "Data Scientists and Machine Learning experts enable companies to make better decisions. They provide a guiding light to the entire organisation, spanning departments as varied as Strategy, Product, Design, Engineering, HR, Finance, Marketing, and Recruiting. They are the unsung heroes who have been guiding their ships through turbulent storms. There is a lot of interest in the industry to work with appropriate people for this critical role. Leading tech companies are willing to pay an average of INR 24 Lakhs per annum to good quality data scientists & ML experts. Still, almost all organisations are struggling to hire the right talent due to the current scarcity. With the help of Scaler Data Science & ML, we aim to bridge this gap."
"We have run the course by leaders across multiple companies, and they have validated our research findings and the curriculum. All of them and our existing partner companies that have already hired 2000+ Scaler Academy learners have expressed sincere eagerness to hire talent produced through this program. We strongly believe our program will enable engineers to build a sustainable and successful career in the Data Science and Machine Learning space." He also added.
Survey Methodology: Scaler Academy surveyed 100+ participants from 50 top tech global companies. The respondents were in the age group of 25 and 35. 80% of the respondents were men, and 20% were women. 90% of the respondents are based in India. The rest 10% work at international locations primarily the USA and Singapore. India based respondents reside in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR & Kolkata.