- Understanding of web architecture.
Key Features Of Node js
The various key features of Node.js are as follows :
- Concurrent request handling – As all APIs of Node.js are asynchronous hence any request for I/O is handled in the background and execution of other requests is not stopped. This makes execution faster.
- Single Threaded but Highly Scalable – Node.js is single-threaded. Some requests may take some time in processing, but this does not block execution of other processes. Thus Node.js is highly scalable. Node.js can provide service to a large number of requests using a single thread only.
- There is an Vibrant and active community for the Node.js framework – Node.js is open source and as it is widely used, a large community of highly skilled developers are supporting it.
- No Buffering – Node.js applications never buffer any data. They simply output the data in chunks.
Top Node.js Alternatives
ASP.NET is a well-liked Node js substitute that allows complicated API real-time programming, the construction of dynamic web pages, Microservices, and web-based applications. It is an open-source server-side web app framework. It gives developers the ability to make interactive, data-based apps over the Internet, thanks to Microsoft.
These platforms have various ideologies in addition to using different programming languages. The file structure in ASP.NET is one of many preset and ready-to-use elements. With Node.js, however, you must independently choose what you require, which offers a great deal of freedom but complicates development. But ASP.NET comes with robust testing, debugging, and refactoring tools.
Key features of "ASP.NET" :
- Windows/Networking service utility.
- Simple maintenance and a service-oriented architecture.
- Simple and intuitive programming languages and efficient code management techniques.
- Value addition with filters.
For years, Ruby has been a popular, interpreted programming language with its own fan base. It is a general-purpose language covering numerous more uses, including prototype, POC, data analytics, etc., just like Python. Ruby on Rails, a development framework with its own popularity quotient, is used as its popular implementation.
It supports the .NET and Java Virtual Machines and has quicker speed (JVM). All forms of application development, including frontend, backend, and web development, use it as a scripting language. It is programmed and uses a high-level syntax, making Ruby an interpreted rather than a compiled language.
Key features of Ruby :
- Open source, freely downloadable, and server-side programming language.
- Ruby is object oriented and general purpose language.
- Ruby has great frameworks like ruby on rails.
- Dynamic and duck typing with exception handling.
AngularJS, a Google-powered open-source framework for both web and mobile apps, has proven instrumental in facilitating the creation and testing of apps utilising MVC and MVVM design. It is a well-liked toolkit for designing the ideal foundation for developing apps.
Key features of AngularJS :
- Development of customised widgets, quality-driven design, with dependency injection.
- Reusability, two-way data binding, performance, and speed.
- Simple coding techniques and an Agile-based methodology.
- Plug-and-play parts that are deep connected and Codeless.
Even while Node.js programmes are speedier than PHP projects, there are certain drawbacks. The main difference between most web servers and Node.js is that the latter processes requests in parallel while the former runs on a single thread. Writing asynchronous code presents its own set of issues. Additionally, PHP was created primarily for the web, in contrast to general-purpose programming languages like Python or Java.
As a result, it has all of the necessary methods for working with servers, HTML, and databases, reducing the requirement for JS code on your front-end. PHP powers nearly 80% of the web, both indirectly and directly. Because of its incredible reach, the technology has been built to work with any major hosting service provider. Its LAMP stack also allows it to meet the needs of multiple servers.
Key features of PHP :
- It features a clean code syntax, requires fewer lines of code, and is very simple to learn.
- It runs on almost all servers and platforms and is supported by a wide range of internet hosting companies.
- Supports a large number of CMSs, libraries, and frameworks. PHP is utilised by WordPress, the world's most popular content management system.
- PHP is one of the most stable, well-developed, and widely used backend languages, accounting for 80% of all websites.
- It is a simpler development environment that does not require a virtual server with SSH access to run PHP.
Python is a dynamic, high-level, object-oriented programming language with many uses. Python is the perfect language for scripting thanks to its syntax, dynamic typing, and nature of being interpreted. It is compatible with a variety of programming paradigms, such as procedural, functional, and object-oriented programming.
Furthermore, because it is an interpreted language, it cannot be converted to computer-readable code before running at runtime. For beginner programmers, Python is the most approachable language, thanks to the community's abundance of basic materials. The language is also taught in universities and is used to work with user-friendly devices like the Raspberry Pi.
Key features of Python :
- It offers interfaces to all significant commercial databases and permits the incorporation of low-level modules in the Python interpreter.
- It supports OOP as well as functional and structured programming techniques.
- It integrates seamlessly with Java, CORBA, C++, C, and COM.
- It allows dynamic type verification and provides high-level dynamic data types.
Django is an open-source Python-based web framework that aims to adhere to the Model-Template-View (MVC) architecture model. Additionally, Django is frequently used to create user-centred, secure, and scalable online applications. With the help of the Django web framework, developers can focus on the UI and UX of the programme rather than worrying about the backend technologies. Django's support for cutting-edge technologies like machine learning and data science allows you to create new and distinctive features.
Key features of Django :
- Django abstracts low-level processes and focuses mostly on high-level ones.
- User account management is secure thanks to its user authentication method.
- Django is scalable in nature, with the flexibility to switch from small to big scale application projects fast and flexibly.
- Django comes with a number of useful task modules and frameworks that may be used to handle standard Web development jobs.
- Model Template View (MTV) is used for the design prototype. It is identical to the (MVC) model except for the template component.
Java is a high-level language based on the object oriented paradigm of programming. It is used by developers because it is fast, powerful and secure. Java is compatible with various platforms like Linux, Raspberry Pi, Windows, Mac etc. Java features the support of a broad community. It can be learned with ease and has a simple syntax. Java supports the reusability of codes, hence reducing development costs.
Java's ecosystem includes the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), Java development kit (JDK) and the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Some of the best features of Java are cross-platform support, security and robustness. Java applications are said to be write once run anywhere. Java is used by a large number of applications. About 95000 websites and 50000 domains make use of JAVA. Spotify, Twitter and Opera are some popular apps made that make use of Java. Java delivers high-performance capabilities to the applications.
Key features of Java :
- Security: As java has no explicit pointers, it is a safe programming language for backend development.
- Memory Allocation: In Java, the memory is divided into two parts: stack, for statically declared variables and heap, for dynamically declared variables
- Multitasking: Java can offer multitasking features because of its multithreaded nature.
- Platform-independent Technology: Java applications are platform-independent as they don't require any special software on the system. Only JVM is the only requirement.
Go programming language, developed by Google, is fast, reliable and similar to the C language in syntax. It is Open source and is very easy to learn. Some of the salient features of the language include structural typing, garbage collection, memory safety and an inbuilt robust, standardised library to handle concurrency.
Scalable and concurrent software can be easily created with it. The Golang community is expanding, and a new environment of tools is being developed. Google cloud function or a serverless computing platform can be made with the help of Go.
Key Features of Golang :
- Golang offers command-line interfaces and various cloud and network services.
- It supports site reliability and DevOps.
- It is statically typed and features garbage collection.
- It supports concurrent applications.
- It has a strong community and library support
- It can be useful in testing competencies
- It runs with the efficiency of C++.
Elixir is a popular Node.js substitute because it can be used to build scalable and maintainable applications with the help of its dynamic features. It is very compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux and is an open-source, functional language. Elixir develops scalable applications with the aid of the Erlang programming language. This makes the code both vertically and horizontally scalable.
Elixir supports the execution of several processes concurrently and equally efficiently. The resource management is also done very effectively. It gives its users access to rapid, easy, and simple coding and code maintenance. Its fundamental idea is ideal for developing multiprocessor architectures. It has certain distinctive qualities like the ability to work in real-time, fault tolerance, and hot code replacement.
Key Features of Elixir :
- It is a Functional language that supports dynamic typing
- Its syntax is similar to ruby.
- It has been created on top of the Erlang VM.
- In Elixir, concurrent, scalable, and reliable applications can be easily developed.
- Effective implementation of business logic can be done.
- Light-weighted threads of execution are supported by Elixir.
- It has a simple, clean and flexible syntax and is well suited for distributed systems.
Ceylon is a general-purpose programming language with a C# and Java-like structure. It has a reputation for allowing teams to write lengthy programmes. It is a blocked structure, statically typed and based on the object-oriented paradigm of programming. The compiler does a thorough and extensive type of checking.
The statements have recursive syntax and lexical scope. For developers, Ceylon is strong, scalable, and interesting to use. It is preferred by developers because of its cross-platform interoperability. It supports Modularity, and hence the code can be structured in packages and modules.
Key Features of Celon :
- It supports Modularity and cross-platform interoperability.
- It has the support of simple generics and platform libraries
- Based on the Object-oriented programming paradigm
- It has type inference and flow-sensitive typing
- It is open-source and is compatible with many operating systems.
- Cross-platform APIs for most tasks are available.
Rebol is a popular programming language that supports cross platform interoperability and is ideal for network communication and data sharing. It is used for programming client and server-based web applications, database apps, multimedia apps, and other such applications.
Rebol follows a multi-paradigm approach with different disciplines and data types. Rebol is considered suitable for smaller domains. Files can be easily shared, easily synced, and archived quickly. Rebol is a secure platform with powerful features for creating, exchanging, storing, searching and managing data.
Key Features of Rebol :
- It is small in size and can be easily installed.
- A web browser is not needed.
- Upgrades can be done easily.
- It is independent of the platform.
- Rebol is dynamic and multi-paradigm.
- Rebol supports Distributed computing
- Key features of Node.js include concurrent request handling, Quick Code execution, Single Threaded but Highly Scalable architecture, Large community and No Buffering.
- Ruby is a general-purpose, interpreted language covering numerous uses, including the prototype, POC, data analytics, etc.
- AngularJS, a Google-powered open-source framework for both web and mobile apps, has proven instrumental in facilitating the creation and testing of apps utilising MVC and MVVM design.
- PHP is one of the most stable, well-developed, and widely used backend languages that can run requests in parallel.
- Elixir is a popular Node.js substitute because it can be used to build scalable and maintainable applications with the help of its dynamic features.
- Java is a high-level language based on the object-oriented paradigm of programming. It is used by developers because it is fast, powerful and secure.
- Go programming language, developed by Google, is fast, reliable and can help in the easy development of scalable and concurrent applications.
- Rebol is a popular programming language that supports cross platform interoperability.
- Ceylon is a general-purpose programming language with a C# and Java-like structure.