What is SQL
SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is used to manage relational databases by allowing us to interact and manipulate the data stored in a database.
The operations we can perform on the data include creating and modifying database structures, inserting, updating, deleting data, and retrieving information. Many organizations use SQL to manage and analyze large data sets, making it an essential tool for data management professionals. Its syntax is relatively easy to learn and compatible with many database management systems.
Why Use SQL Formatter?
SQL Formatters are gaining popularity due to several reasons. Some of them are discussed in this section:
- Readability: Improving your code's readability is an essential advantage of using a SQL formatter. The formatted code looks much cleaner and more straightforward to read. It helps maintain high code quality standards within an organization where multiple developers work on a codebase.
- Efficiency: By automatically formatting code under a set of specified criteria, a SQL formatter can save time and increase efficiency. This eliminates the need for manual code formatting, which can be especially helpful when dealing with huge codebases.
- Bug fixing: Consistent SQL formatting might simplify finding problems and errors in your code. By doing this, you can ensure that your code is more dependable and robust while accelerating debugging.
The following is an unformatted SQL query.
The formatted version of this SQL query will look as follows:
About Scaler Topics SQL Formatter
Scaler Topics SQL Formatter is a free online tool that formats SQL code to improve readability, consistency, and efficiency. It offers several formatting options and supports various database management systems.
What Can You Do with SQL Formatter?
SQL Formatter can format SQL code for improved readability, consistency, and efficiency. It offers various formatting options, supports multiple database management systems, and can be used for free online.
How to Use This Online SQL Query Formatter Tool?
Paste the query which you want to format in the left panel. Press the format button, which is present at the bottom of the left panel. The tool will format your query and return the formatted query in the right panel.
The formatter also provides some options to decide how the formatter should format your queries. The description of all those options is given below:
- Keyword Case: It can take the values Preserve, Uppercase, or Lowercase. It is used to select the case of the SQL keywords in the formatted query.
- Indentation Style: It defines the overall indentation style. It can take the values Standard, Tabular Right, and Tabluar Left.
- Indentation Level: It can be used to set the amount of indentation to use. It can take the values 2 spaces per indent or 4 spaces per indent.
The following options appear when you click on the More button:
- SQL dialect: The user can choose the SQL dialect using this option.
- Comma Position: It is used to decide where to place the comma in column lists. It can take the values After, Before or Tabular.
- Expression Width: It is used to set the maximum number of characters in parenthesized expressions to be kept on a single line. It can take the values 50, 40 or 30.
- Lines Between Queries: It is used to set how many newlines to insert between queries. It can take the values 1, 2 or 3.
- Dense Operators: The formatter packs the operators densely without spaces if set to true.
- Newline Logical Operator: It is used to place a newline before or after the logical operator (like AND, OR, XOR).
Why to Format SQL queries?
Formatting SQL queries improves code readability and maintainability, makes debugging easier, and saves time by automatically formatting code according to predefined rules.
Is This SQL Formatter Tool Safe & Secure?
Yes, like all SQL formatter tools, the Scaler Topics SQL Formatter is safe and secure as it does not modify the data and only formats the code for improved readability and efficiency. Your data remains private.