What is Python?
Python is a modern programming language that fits all your purposes (general purpose), and is a high-level programming language. The Python programming language is interpreted and supports object-oriented programming. It was developed by Guido van Rossum.
If you are an aspiring data scientist, or Machine learning engineer, Web developer, Scripting and automation enthusiast, Python is the language for you! It is a highly versatile language capable of almost everything you would like to perform with it. It has a plethora of libraries and packages that aid you with your tasks related to data manipulation, statistical calculations, web development and so many more.
Why Learn Python Programming?
Before we get to why you should learn python programming, or why you should even read this python tutorial further, let's talk about Python - one of the most common programming languages.
The Need to Learn Python Programming
We figured out that the python programming language is definitely a very widely used versatile language, but what is the need?
The first and foremost big reason to learn python programming is the career opportunities that would open for you that come with huge salary prospects. Not to miss the high demand for python developers which is increasing dramatically by the year. 29.72 % of the total requirements are for python developers!
Take a sneak peek into the average salary of a python developer, which is around $92,000 / yr! The range of salaries is from $60k to $137k on average.
Another reason for learning Python is the vast community that has built packages and frameworks for everything from web development (Django, Flask) to Machine Learning (Tensorflow, PyTorch, OpenCV)
Surely that's enough motivation needed to learn the python programming language! Not convinced? Let's talk about the importance of Python.
Importance of Python Programming
To make a pithy statement, Python is very important and we saw some reasons above. Here are some more to convince you:
- A broad standard library: This is one of the Python's greatest strengths - the Python standard library is portable and is cross platform compatible on Windows, Mac, and UNIX.
- Interactive: Python is an interactive programming language, which means that you can sit at a python prompt, and interact with it's interpreter to write your programs directly.
- Beginner Friendly: Python is a beginner's language.
- Maintainable: Easy to maintain code
- Portable: Python has the capability of running on a wide variety of hardware platforms while having the same interface on all of them.
- Scalable: Writing code in python means a better code structure, and support for large programs as opposed to shell scripting
How to Learn Python Programming?
You are surely now convinced that Python is an irreplaceable language, and are motivated to study it. The best way to start is by reading on! Go through all the modules in this Python course hub, and you'll be a pro at Python by the end of it.
Applications of Python Programming
After you have mastered the programming language, here is the broad application set of the language:
- Data Science
- Creating Desktop applications
- Creating console based applications
- Creating Mobile apps
- Software Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- Web applications
- Enterprise Applications
- Machine learning
- Computer Vision
The above are just some of the plethora of applications of the Python programming language. Use the tutorial wisely and master the language!